How do I apply for a forklift licence (high risk licence)?
You’ll need to:
- Provide I.D, with a photo. That means driver’s licence or passport.
- Supply the forklift certificate (statement of attainment) you got for passing your course.
- Include your honesty. False or misleading information could land you in big trouble.
- You’ll have to sign to say you don’t already have the licence you’re applying for.
- If you have been found guilty under WHS laws in the past, you’ll need to write down what happened.
- If you’ve been involved in enforceable undertakings. You’ll need to explain what happened.
- One more thing. If you have been refused a high risk licence – or had one cancelled – you’ll need to write down what happened.
Different states and territories have different processes, so you’ll need to check the rules in your state or territory.
For example to apply for a high risk work licence in Victoria (and some other states) you must take the above information into an Australia Post outlet to apply for your high risk licence.
In some states/territories the assessor or RTO will lodge this paperwork on your behalf.